Followers

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

She's Baaaacccck!!!

I am back and in one piece...barely!  We walked the parks 3 days in a row for 10+ hours each day and boy did I ever get a dose of humanity!  I won't bore you with a slide show (it has 90+ photos) but over the next few days will just scatter some photos with some stories...and boy do I have stories.  We are proud of ourselves that we could keep up with a 10 year old, who never has an off switch.  lol  And there is nothing better then seeing the joyful glee of children...but, somewhere along the line people have lost their common sense.  Luckily for us our grandson knew his tolerance and we listened to him...we went with the flow...most of the time, lol.

Grandpa "G" had a matching shirt...2 wild and crazy guys!  Waiting for our boarding time to be called.


Since I had hurt my back a week before in San Francisco...it was left to HH to ride the roller coasters.  It was so funny because in every photo he looks like he is sleeping! lol


It was kinda weird the progress??? of our society that the level of security was amazing.  It had been over 20 years since I had last been to the park and life has changed for Americans.  I think Disney has as much security as the government!  We went to a little kiosk to buy some sunscreen and the sales person knew that my grandson was from Beaverton!!!  They must have had some software recognition programs!  The conversation went like this...Hey young man, where you from?  I'm from Oregon...Portland, Oregon (because no one knows where all the suburbs are)...sales person says...no...I think you're from Beaverton!  Freak out!


The other things that was apparent were the stroller parking lots....there were more strollers than anywhere on earth!  Probably as many as on the freeways.  Parents were so wrapped up in creating this perfect experience that little kids were being moved around, screaming for mercy! lol  And I am not exaggerating when I say...the line for a ride on the roller coaster cars in Cars Land was 5 hours on Friday and 7 hours on Sat.!!!  I am not sure what we are teaching our children when we will wait 7 hours for a 3 minute ride...we did not wait...nor ride...and we still had a great time.


Needless to say when we saw Black Butte...heck even before, when we landed in Portland the stress began to fall off our shoulders.  Home Sweet Home!



9 comments:

  1. Ah, yes, I remember those crowds well...And that was while growing up down "there". Now the folks at the Country Fair are enough for me to feel comfortable around. Is it that I'm getting old, or are there just too many of us around?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home! Yes, I think things have gone nuts, and a great many people have no commonsense any more. The art (?) of critical thinking has never been taught to them, like it was to many of us, through our parents and schools. In places like that, security is as much about the corporate safety from lawsuits as it is for the personal safety of the individuals in such massive crowds. Having said all of that, I'm glad to hear that you all have had a ton of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to have you back and that you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you're back safe and sound. Last year we went to an amusement park with our son and his family. I was appalled at the number of parents there with small babies. The heat was nearly unbearable and their little bodies suffer so much more than ours. Despite the parents' efforts at keeping them hydrated and cool is was an impossible thing to accomplish. Their tiny faces were beet red, they screamed and cried, and parents were frustrated and grim. I can't imagine it was fun for any of them. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best part of going away is coming home. There is NO place like home!
    ginger in Richmond, VA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a fun but tiring time. With all the rides and fun at the park, the most beautiful photo is the mountains calling you home.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I missed your blog so much. Now I can go back to my daily routine. Greg looks so proud and cute (I mean, handsome) in a matching shirt. Welcome home. I bet Enzo was happy to see you too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so glad you are back! Talk about blog withdrawel! LOL....glad that overall, you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad your back and it looks and sounds like you had an amazing time - what a great way to spend some time together :).

    Hugs- Karen

    ReplyDelete