Followers

Monday, July 30, 2012

A Day Of Rest

HH and I decided to head out to Sister's to take a look at the Tour of Homes house that was located in the area we are going to be building.  It was an interesting house that was passive solar/green construction.  The highlight was seeing our lot with this sign!!!


Yep...it is really going to happen...the utilities were on site and our hearts were soaring!!!














...and so, we decided to celebrate with a wonderful dinner at the Kokanee Cafe in Camp Sherman.  Almost 35 year ago when my dear father in law took us for dinner at the Kokanee Cafe it had a reputation for good eats...but, nothing like the "A" rating that Executive Chef Matt Neltner brings to the plate!


I already started digging in before I thought to take a photo...I had the Quinoa and Spinach stuffed Trout with Marsala Hazelnut Creme and roasted cauliflower...yummm


HH had Grilled Filet Mignon with Couscous Oregonzola roasted vegetables....wow


To top it off...Orange Infused Flan....What a perfect finish to a wonderful meal!


The restaurant is seasonal...only opened for dinner May-October.

I really will have some quilting talk tomorrow...I almost have the binding done on my July UFO...besides quilting I am an Olympic Junkie!

3 comments:

  1. Yay...glad to see that you are having Phalisch build...they sure do build a nice home.

    It is beautiful here in Central oregon this week...we are loving being here in Sunriver this week...

    Ttyl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have an idea what type of house you will want? Are the photos of the river near your house or the restaurant and that food looks yummy and healthy.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete