Followers

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Another One Bites The Dust....



I finished my July UFO done with a day to spare!  I remember when I was working my way through my Stand Back Stars I was hoping that the quilt would be worth all the agony.  I called them the Stand Back Stars because I wasn't very good an precision piecing...just wanted to get it done...well...it is done. What did I learn?  

1. Not to be so judgmental
2. When you stand back...you really can't see the cut off star points
3. All that stress last summer about the postman delivering this BOW (block of 
    the week)...what a waste!
4. Any quilt looks spectacular with a handsome dog sitting on it! lol


There is a lot of positives about today...I woke up and while reading the paper stumbled upon an article titled  "Perfect Pie" written by Woolie follower Linda Turner Griepentrog!  Since one of my Pinterest bulletin boards is titled "A Pie Goal" I immediately wrote the subject of the article, Sarah Neibergs to add my name to her list of students for pie classes.  Maybe by Thanksgiving I can "wow" Alma over at Blackbird Designs!!!!


I could go on and on about the wonders of this day....but there are 2 very big hazel eyes boring holes into my heart...accompanied by an ever so quiet whine...someone is telling me it is time for a walk.  Have a wonderful day!

14 comments:

  1. Such a nice pose from Enzo! Good Doggie! Beautiful quilt! Have a nice relaxing day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt! And doggie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt looks perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your quilt is beautiful, love how the stars set in like that.
    Have fun on your walk.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a very wonderful looking quilt, great job......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picture of Enzo and your beautiful quilt, take a long enjoyable walk and enjoy the summer weather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the photo! It says it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful finish and yep, any quilt looks wonderful with a big dog sitting on it. This one would stand pretty on its own though too :-) Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your quilt! Doggie is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks to me like Enzo is laying claim to this quilt! LOL It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is one good look'n quilt and Enzo too!! Congrats on another finish...love the parade of UFO's on your side bar...happy stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous quilt and those hazel eyes!!! Have a great walk.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stopped in at Quilt works around noon..hoping you and your material girls or fabric stalkers or whomever would be there..no one...BUT..I finally got my Primitive Quilts and Projects magazine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought I was the only one who made puppy quilts! You made this one especially for Enzo-right? If not, it sure looks like he has claimed it for his own!

    ReplyDelete