Followers

Friday, July 20, 2012

HELP!!! Me Locate A Quilter



When my sis and I saw this quilt we both thought of mom and wanted to hang it at Quiet River.  For those new to the blog my mom passed away last year...and although we have been limping along without her powerful personality in our lives...we cannot deny she went out with a bang!  At 81 yrs of age and the Commodore of the Elkhorn Yacht Club she had a heart attack while competing in the Double Angle Race between the Monterey, Santa Cruz and Moss Landing Yacht Clubs.  If you knew my mom or knew of her, you would understand how happy she was to have brought out the Coast Guard to bring back the vessel of her personality!  So...back to the quilt...it was For Sale! and my sister snatched the "buy" tag before anyone else could get this fabulous quilt!  I would like to let the creator of the quilt know where it went and why we purchased it...and to send her the participation ribbon.  So if anyone out there knows Helen May of Corvallis, Oregon who made the Sailor's Delight...please let me know her address!

Today I am heading over to Quiet River.  I took my projects over yesterday and am ready to prep, prep, prep!!!  I am going to try and get caught up on my BOW's!!!  I am also going to be tacking the binding on my July UFO!  I can't wait to see what everyone else will be working on...and, I am very excited to see Julie, our "out of state" Fabric Stalker!  HH and Enzo are going camping...lions, and tigers and bears...oh my...well actually, it will be coyotes, and deer and antelope...oh yeah!

have a wonderful Friday and I hope you have big plans this weekend!

9 comments:

  1. A nice memorial for your mom...very sweet! What is Quiet River? A cabin you go to? Just curious...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilt, and a perfect home for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that quilt and love it, what a wonderful memory for you and your mom, she would have loved it. I have a simple pattern I found with sailboats, would like to make one too.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sent you an email about Helen May

    ReplyDelete
  5. That quilt was meant to be part of the family - perfect. Enjoy retreat time with your friends - and prep, prep and prep - oh and rest some to. Thanks for sharing the book title that your reading - sounds like a good one :).

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. How great that you found the perfect quilt with your sister to honour your mom! I'm sure she brought the two of you together to find this quilt.

    Many years of happy memories with this lovely piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. did you get her number and/or address? I can look it up...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why not just ask Ann Richardson. She may not give you the quilters info but I bet she would be willing to pass along a note and the ribbon when she mails out her check.

    ReplyDelete