Followers

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

It's A Double Trouble Life...

I have come to the conclusion that stepping back into my quilting life may take a second longer than I thought.  Playing catch up and also preparing for my departure to France is ca-ca-ca-razy making.  Today the newlyweds arrive in Bend (I can't wait!!!!) for a few days of hiking, enjoying the mountains and the forest before they head back to the land of corn.  Then HH, Enzo and I plan to head out to the desert and be one with the dirt.  We want to get some camping in before the start of Bow Hunting Season...we don't want Enzo to be mistaken for some deer jerky.

When you step out of your life...and come back...you tend to arrive to a view like in the photo below...yes, whenever we leave for any length of time the local doom squirrel takes to ripping apart pine cones and leaving a giant mess....much like how I left my sewing room.  So tell me...is there anyone out there who is in battle with their own doom squirrel.



8 comments:

  1. I gave my squirrel a project, a corn block on a bungee cord, now he leave's everything else alone in his frustration to get it torn apart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I will return after being away for a week...return to a bunch of laundry and dishes and other little goodies my little squirrel has left laying around...that squirrel would be my daughters...we'll see how much "fun" they had while I was away! LOL. They are good little squirrels so I don't mean that they got into trouble, just that they don't pick up much! Cheers to getting our lives back in order quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure we've had a doom squirrel, but earlier this summer, in Dallas, Oregon, we had four or five squirrels that were climbing all over our house and up posts and trees to get to our bird feeders. They even ate/chewed the bird feeder so badly that DH had to take it down and rebuild it. Finally we became so frustrated with the bad boys that DH set his live trap, got one and took it to the city park to release it. He must have trapped the ring-leader because they all disappeared. We were prepared to trap them one by one and take them to new homes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we call him Mr. Nutz (he proudly displays his own - and i am not talking about the kind that grows on a tree) and he loves to rip into our apricots, peaches, apples - just to take a bite or two so that no one else will eat them ... he is a rat with a bushy tail ... i despise the little bat rastradson...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have one who sneaks into the bird feeder, but runs when he sees me.
    I think he is figuring out that he can do what he wants since I am not going to run down the stairs after him, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just don't leave him a forwarding address when you move to Sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes...in the winter when the oranges are ripe on our tree, they practically destroy the tree to remove them all, breaking branches and tearing all the leaves off. They take the oranges onto our patio and pull off a chunk of the "skin", then systematically dig down with their paws and scoop out the insides...just on the other side of the glass from our cat who goes nuts while they're out there. Then they leave their trash on the patio and go home. Last winter, I stripped the oranges off the tree as soon as I realized that they were "harvesting". This year I'm planning on doing some harvesting of my own as soon as I see the first "skin". lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I was in England 2 years ago: (I swear this is the truth), my mum ran out of the house with a wooden spoon to frighten off the squirrels attacking the bird feeder. Which was really funny to watch. Imagine 2 daughters in their late 40's laughing. Eventually she bought a 20 uk pound 'squirrel proof' bird feeder. We had less jolility the rest of the holiday..... (What would she have done had a squirrel stood his ground)?

    ReplyDelete