Followers

Friday, August 24, 2012

It's a Jibber Jabber Day

I can't tell you how blessed we feel that the newlyweds wanted to spend any of their "honeymoon" time with us!  They said that they are taking a traditional honeymoon at a later date but wanted to spend time with everyone they know in Oregon! lol  I love that Emily is wearing my mom's original wedding set, it means so much to me...and just to explain that intake of breath I hear from everyone reading today's blog...no that is not a traditional tattoo.   Emily and her bridemaids had an evening together before the wedding and enjoyed an age old tradition of "bridal henna."  Henna has been used to adorn young women's bodies as part of social and holiday celebrations since the late Bronze Age in the eastern Mediterranean. The earliest text mentioning henna in the context of marriage and fertility celebrations comes from the Ugaritic legend of Baal and Anath,[15] which has references to women marking themselves with henna in preparation to meet their husband.


It is amazing and intricate work with a lot of symbolism and wears off in about 2 weeks.  See the peacocks for love and blessings.


...I forgot to show you the ring bearers pillow that Robin and I made.  I pieced the top and did all the ribbon embellishment.  Robin added some more embellishments and sewed the cording and pillow together.  The rings were attached with the ribbons.


We took the newlyweds out to the construction site and they are standing at the edge of the patio...spectacular view that the photo doesn't do justice because in reality the mountains feel like they are on top of you.


We are already thinking about what kind of landscaping we want to invest in...cause of this guy.  Obviously a smorgasbord for the local critters.  Nothing new for us...these look like relatives of the golf course deer! lol


Hope you have a great Friday...we are gonna rock with ZZ Top tonight!!!

6 comments:

  1. I love the henna tattoos and the traditions behind them. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you are going to ZZ Top tonight. Emily's hands look so delicate. I love that wedding set. Your mom is somewhere smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The henna work is beautiful and that Buck...he heards around his wife and about 3 babies...well...last November he did...so friendly and just hangs out.

    I so wanted to come over for that concert but Football beckons...have a football scrimmage in the morning and I am helping cut up enough watermelon to feed about 200 players and families.

    Handsome son and lovely DIL...and the view...BEAUTIFUL.

    Have a sparkling Central Oregon Day! Wishing I were there.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your pillow came out, it is beautiful. Love the deer photo, nice close up and I hope you have fun at the concert, rock on.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to the newlyweds. The henna artwork is so beautiful! The view of the mountains looks pretty spectacular in the photo. Maybe because I've always lived in pretty flat states I just love being in or near the mountains. Lucky you! ~Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE henna for weddings - that is my one regret - that I didn't do that for our wedding :-( Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete