Followers

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Strasbourg, France

I know I am being somewhat of a tease not just posting the quilt show photos but I really, really, really want you to come along with Lori, Robin and I...and the rest of the gang and see what we saw as quilters...even before the show.  There are several things I learned on this trip about myself and my life and I will be sharing them with you as I go along, but first...I realized that this past year I have been running full speed at about a 25 degree angle forward.  I have not given myself a break and because of that I have most likely missed so much that was around me.  On this trip I had no choice, I had to basically go with the flow and because of that I saw things that I would have missed left to my own devices. 

What I can say is by watching these slide shows you will see not only the scenery but the quilting patterns and colors that exist in every day life.  We are constantly looking for new books, new patterns when in reality they are all round us, for free...if only we would slow down and see them. A case in point...I have been to Strasbourg before but did I know it was an island on the Ill River...NO! LOL And so today, visit Strasbourg with me.


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize your own slideshow design

4 comments:

  1. Love that area, love the idea of being on the water like that, amazing art and architecture. Now rabbit, no way would I eat that, lol. I do not like game meat or anything with dark meat.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so true that we often fail to see the patterns in our everyday lives! I must admit, though, that seeing all the cobblestones made me feet hurt all over again. Oh, who am I kidding? They never stopped! But it was all worth it. I realized, about the fourth day, looking back at my pictures, that I will remember the beauty and the excitement of it all, and I'll forget the pain. Sometimes travel teaches us things we never t hought we needed to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought about traveling to France but now it is on my list!

    ReplyDelete