Followers

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Beautiful Quilts and Beautiful People

Several of you asked about this pattern and kit that my sister bought.  It is by Reets' Rags to Stitches please let them know you discovered them on the Woolie.  


As Colleen and I made our way around the convention center we ran into Joanna of Fig Tree Quilts such sweet quilts and wonderful new projects!


And then...there was a British invasion!  The hotel was hosting a Father Daughter dance for a local girls school.  The place was all decked out and it was fun to see the 6th - 12th graders all deck out and their dad's in tuxes.


I cannot believe this is the 3rd slide show but not the last!  I don't know about you but I can't believe how many quilts there were and I only took photos of about half!  Well enjoy today's slide show...as for me I am trying to figure out where I have lost stuff in my sewing room!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize your own free picture slideshow

6 comments:

  1. Well, I really enjoyed the quilt show and there are so many amazing quilts, it inspired me, then it depressed me, cuz I know I won't ever be that good, lol. I really need to play and experiment next year.

    I didn't know that Charley Harper's designs were for sale now? I joined a group that got permission to use them and made one so far. I also love the one with the dancing ladies and circles, would love to make something like that for my daughter.

    And it is a good thing I couldn't go to that show and vendors, no way could I walk out of there without my arms full of patterns, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, WOW, WOW...Most of the quilts are more like paintings than fabric .. thanks so much for taking us along on your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Thanks for letting us see PIQF vicariously! I recognized 2 of those quilts from today's slideshow. Slide #9 I believe is a quilt that was done by one of my guild members, Terri Doyle, which won a prize. I've seen her long arm quilting up close a number of times , and it's incredible.

    The second one that I recognize is #58, which was done by Marilyn Belkin, who also does incredible work. I have a birthday coming up in a few weeks, and one of the things that I've asked/hinted for was her book "Portraits For Fabric Lovers".

    There were so many gorgeous quilts in this slideshow, and I found myself wishing that I could do such beautiful work. Maybe someday.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for taking the time (a lot of time)to put these slide shows together for us - I'm really enjoying the quilts!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are fantastic quilts.Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Anna.
    Thank you for showing wonderful quilt show, and a great your blog!!
    It is many inspirations!! :))

    ReplyDelete