Followers

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Mama Mia Is Life Good!

What a fun breakfast we had on Friday morning!  Arranged by Marilyn from the MG's because our long lost MG, Sue was in town.  A few years ago she moved with her husband to the Southern US...taking her quilting experience and vivacious personality!  But she was in town for a visit and we gathered to catch up on life.

The best part of some girlfriends is when you get together after a space of time apart you pick up right where you left off...as if time had no effect. Oh, and that giant thing in front of her is an Apple Dutch Baby Pancake...she didn't eat the whole thing, lol


I have to show you a quilt that she pieced and quilted...that has been in my possession since she left several years ago!  Every time I look at it I think of her.  So beautifully pieced and quilted...and I knew that a fan quilt was not in my repertoire, lol



Back Row: Mary, Me, Marilyn, Bev  Front Row: Jean, Sue and Joann


With the weather letting us know that Fall is here for a moment and Winter won't be far behind HH and I decided to make a crock pot stew.  I chopped the veggies and he made the sauce and seared the stew meat...I love a man who can cook!


Don't you wish you were here for dinner!


4 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun and a fun group of ladies. We are getting ready for the storm and of course Bill decides to play with the generator now and finds out it isn't working, errr.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. great fun for you!!nothing like a dear friend!!
    the stew looks wonderful!
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when an "old" friend comes back to town for a visit--my Seattle friend Marie was here last week, and it was great.
    Today I spent the day with my daughters, making soup. Hmmm... I may feel a blog post coming on...

    ReplyDelete