Followers

Friday, October 19, 2012

PIQF Quilter's Dream

Day 2 of the Pacific International Quilt Festival provided me a slower pace in which to view the quilts and to share the experience with my childhood girlfriend, Colleen.  It was fun sharing quilts with a nonquilter...I got excited about quilting all over again!  

As we walked up and down the rows of quilts I discovered Jill Monley's quilt!!!  She is a local quilt instructor with QuiltWorks.  Remember last week the little quilt of Zantangle Owls...well  this quilt based on the Princess and the Pea was juried into the show!  Amazing work...you can take a closer look at the detail by clicking on the photo.


As Colleen and I walked down the isles we came upon Lawry Thorn from the The Stitchin' Post which had a booth in the vendor area...ahhh a bit of home!


...and now slide show #2...the quilts are amazing, inspiring and humbling...enjoy!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This slideshow design made with Smilebox

4 comments:

  1. Loved the slide show and some amazing quilts.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, thank you for posting all these great photos, both of the PI show and Quiltworks!! I haven't visited your blog for a little while and what a treat now that I have caught up. I didn't know you went to UCSB -- so did I!!! 1972-1976. Then I continued to live in SB till 1982. When were you there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first slide of the yellow Lab was made by my friend Diane Mitchell. We took June Jaeger's class Best Friend at Quilter's Affair a few years ago. Sadly Jadie (the dog) passed away last year.

    ReplyDelete