Followers

Monday, October 29, 2012

Super Monday!

Wow...I am worried about my blog friend Debbie who is near the Super Storm that arrived today.  Keep all the people on the East Coast in your thought!

Today the Woolie is featured on Patchwork Posse Blog please take the time and head on over! I'm enjoying a cappuccino while blog hopping! Tomorrow I will be posting the October Free Ornament of the month...be sure to come on back!



I had to show you this sweet gift I received from Barb, a MG and Woolie!  When I saw hers I really wanted one but was going to be out of town when the local guild had them for sale.  She gave me one!!!  I love it...such a clever needle case!  Thank you Barb!!!  I love it!!!


 It opens up like a flower!


I spend Sunday in my sewing room!  This is heaven to me...a great quilt to work on, a book on CD and the sweet scent of a wonderful candle!  Do you set the scene for quilting???


Besides working on my house blocks I started packing for retreat!  I changed my mind several time and I know before Thursday I will be changing my mind again...but at least I started getting organized.  I have got a variety of wool projects and cotton pieced projects.  New projects and old projects...and in all this...Enzo was watching me...he is very intuitive.
 

Have a great Monday...and I hope those of you on the East Coast are high and dry!

7 comments:

  1. Don't worry, I am not dumb enough to go down to the water and get splashed away, lol. Have everything done and watching the special news for the storm and the dumb people who are standing at the ocean;)

    Wonderful gift and very thoughtful. Now I need to prep my christmas quilt so I can finish that today.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bit off topic...do you have any idea from your knitting friends which of the knitting stores in Bend has a bigger selection of yarns, or which they prefer? When I read your "pie" blog, I asked my sister (who lives in Bend)if she wanted me to sign her up for pie class..I personally would love that gift, but she said no, but that she is in a "getting ready to knit" mode, so I could buy her yarn to make a hat. I thought I'd get her a gift certificate to a yarn store. Of course, I know that Stitchin' Post has yarns, but that's not as close to her house.

    Please reply if you have time! Either way...thank you. LOVE your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enzo KNOWS his mom is headed somewhere! LOL. Have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a needlecase that is the same design, but the inside of mine is completely covered in batting. I love mine and have had it for about 4 years or so now. They hold up great, and I've found that I can also store a couple of needle threaders, and occasionally small snips for the thread.

    No...I don't set the scene, as my cat would totally destroy it, and probably set the house on fire with the candle. lol I'd never get any sewing done that way.

    Our daughter, SIL, and two DGDs live in or near the path of the storm, depending on how accurate their predicted path is on the inland portion. I've never understood why people would go to the waterfront for a hurricane, tropical storm, or tsunami...and yet they do. Go figure. Stay dry and safe Debbie/Woolen Sails!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An answer to Chefpa: the 2 best yarn stores in Bend are Gossamer and Juniper Fiberworks. Both stores have a very different feel to them. Look them up on-line and see which she would like.I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great time and Enzo looks like "hey don't forget me this time". Such a sweet sweet little face. Hey if that's all your bringing to retreat - your a better packer than me lol.

    Hugs - Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just got back from a quilt retreat at Silver Falls. My dog is RIGHT by my side and won't leave...she loves me! Enzo has the CUTEST face!

    ReplyDelete