Followers

Friday, November 30, 2012

Woolie Tuesday at QuiltWorks

The Woolie's are a group of die hard, rambunctious, humorous and prolific creators of wool projects!  I not only get a good laugh but I am inspired by their creativity!

I wanted to show you what I did with my Homespun and Holly dishtowel...I made a pillow!  Carla from Sweetwater was our moderator for this project but she didn't anticipate that the group from Bend was not going to make dishtowels...way to cute to dry dishes...we made pillows!



I sewed down my rick rack with like colored thread by machine then I used black pearl cotton and made large french knots...just for interest.


Here is a little slide show of what was happening at QuiltWorks Woolie group!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free digital slideshow created with Smilebox


...and just so you understand what kind of pressure we are under...this is Sandy's show 'n tell bag!!!

7 comments:

  1. LOL, we have a gal in our appliqué group like your friend...always bringing lots of show and tell! Love your pillow and what a fun group you are in. Beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you turned the corner with your rickrack, very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the fabric Sandy used for her show 'n tell bag. I am sure some wonderful goodies are inside.
    I wouldn't use the design for a tea towel either. I think you have made good use of the design in doing a pillow. The wide rickrack is a good addition. Is it hand dyed or a ready made color?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful projects and love your piece.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had an "over-achiever" in our group too. We thought that we could relax once she moved to South Carolina last year, but NOOOOO! There are a couple of members vying for her old title now. lol It keeps us from being slackers most of the time though....

    I love your dish towel turned pillow! The french knots were a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Sandy is indeed an inspiration and SO industrious! Tea towels always get stained (if anyone has the audacity to use them!)so turning your project into a pillow was a wise choice...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your dishtowel pillows! Wish I lived close enough to hang with the woolies :)

    ReplyDelete