Followers

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Lakeport English Inn & Bird Brain Designs

Wanting the travel down to Asilomar to be part of the adventure I researched lodging along the way.  I also knew for sure that Bird Brain Designs in Kelseyville was a must see shop.  Every trip down to the Central Coast of California for business I longed to take the path less traveled and visit the shop.  But business is business and the opportunity didn't present itself till I signed up for Empty Spools Seminars. My research found Clear Lake to be the largest clear water lake in California. Little communities and towns dotted it shore lines with dock and piers extending into the lake from beautiful homes and cabins. The best place to stay for us was in Lakeport a mere 8 miles from the shop in Kelseyville.  Lakeport English Inn was a jewel.  The proprietress Karan was so welcoming and although we missed the scones and tea served at 4:00 PM she brought drinks and little lemon cakes to our room!  She was a wealth of information about the Lake County Quilt Trail which are large quilt blocks painted on wood squares and attached to the side of buildings and barns.  AND...if you mention the Woolie Mammoth Blog when you make reservations she will give you a 10% discount!!!

The slide show is a 2 cup of coffee show and you can stop it at any time to get a more detailed look.  We did visit a quilt shop in Lakeport but the owner wasn't there and I wasn't able to connect up with her to get permission to show the photos I took in her shop.  Enjoy!!!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize a free slideshow

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful place to stay and a beautiful room. Lucky you to stop at Bird Brains, would love to go there.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great show and tell. I always enjoy Bird Brain's booths at shows I've been to, thanks for sharing what the shop looks like. What a gorgeous bed and breakfast, how lucky were you to find it. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I love the B&B especially the fact it was a hospital - any ghosts? Love the applique heart and the little people (altho I couldn't read the cards they were on) but LOVED the bird on the spools!! And I HAVE to have a book cover purse to go with my record album purse!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With more fresh snow on the ground this morning your taking me to Calif was a welcome relief. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete