Followers

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Hand Work

It seems I am forever going to chasing my quilting tail.  With 80% of my projects by hand I guess I just have to relax and enjoy the process otherwise I will drive myself crazy!  I soooo love this project from Primitive Pieces by Lynda.  Hard to believe I stuffed it in the bottom of a drawer unfinished.  But now, I am getting close.  I should have it all done by the time I head back to Sisters!  I have wall space in the sewing command center for it to hang. What percentage of your projects are handwork???


The trip home from Empty Spools included a stop at Robin's sisters house.  She has created a retreat and as you can see by the photos...it really is a little oasis in Yreka.  We were going to stop at the Tater Patch in Merrill but decided we couldn't do it financial justice and may make a day trip for shopping in the future.

Lady

Mt. Shasta from her dining room

wonderful views

...and the birds are migrating back.

see ya tomorrow...in the meantime...stitch, stitch, stitch...

7 comments:

  1. It looks like you and Robin are having quite the adventures on this trip. You both must be missing your wonderful dogs, I can't imagine how joyful they will be when you get home.

    Great photos Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh I love your Crow Gossip!! It's on my TO-LIST!! And the views are spectacular!! I would never tire of looking at that!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another project I had planned to do, lol. I really need to get organized with my UFO's too.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love your crow project too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...Just catching up on your postings! Loved Asilomar and my class...

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG.......I just remembered I have that pattern and I want to do it, but forgot. Thanks for the reminder. I love "Lady" she is a lovely horse. I have 2 horses at the moment, both retirees just enjoying life. Have a great weekend.
    ~Janet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I would agree with you - at least 80% of my projects are either all handwork or have a good bit of handwork. If arthritis wasn't doing it's bit on my hands that figure would be higher! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete